Wednesday 25 August 2021

Procrastination

 Let's try to write something for half an hour and decide on the title later.


We're going for a tteokbokki buffet today :)

I had my NipponHippo lesson after a few weeks not attending it. I didn't attend that because I was "busy" preparing for the React training for the team in CS (Belgrade). I put "busy" in quotation mark because I was not busy preparing for the training, I was busy trying to procrastinate doing the training material. I don't know why I procrastinated a lot. 

Firstly, there are so many distractions and I was distracted by them. I identify those distractions and I tried to remove them. But even after doing that, I was still not able to start. I would stare into my computer, and resisting doing it. Why? Why?

Then I will play Stardew Valley while feeling guilty, thinking "It's ok I will only play for one day in-game." Or "It's ok, I still have 3 more days before I have to come up with something". Then in the end I really only did it on the day itself, very last-minute, and the result is kinda sub-par to what I envisioned at the start.

Why?

How to get out of that damn thing? How to just start and not procrastinate at all?

I have no idea. To find out more about this and to tackle this problem, I borrowed some books from the library that hopefully will talk about this issue.

Jen shared a YouTube video about how to beat procrastination. His advise is:

  1. Take a walk
  2. Decide on a single task
  3. Clear to neutral (clear your working environment)
  4. Use the "low effort" hack
I need to think about these next time.

So I have Japanese classes on Sunday, one in the morning from 10-13 and another one from 17.00-19.45. From 1 to 5 PM, instead of going back home (which take about 30 mins), I decided to hang around the area to have lunch and do my homework instead. But staying in one place for 4 hours is too much after all. So I decided to stay for 2 hours in a restaurant, and spend the rest on level 21 of the building. Nobody is (hopefully) visiting level 21 of the building on Sunday, so I can just sit on the floor and spend the time reading these books that I borrowed from the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment