Friday 2 March 2012

On working

So I try to delete any connection from my Facebook account to my Twitter and Blogger account. Now the people that I know in real life won't find my twitter nor my blog from my facebook, and since me myself actually does not use Facebook very often, those people from the universities that I'm applying to won't find anything scandalous about me. Muahaha *evil laughter*.


After more than six months of studying my ass off for the final exam of high school, I thought that I finally will get the seven-month holiday that I had been dreaming of. Except, everybody usually works while they're waiting for their exam results, thus my parents kept bugging me about getting a work here instead of lazying around at home.

Well, the thing is, it's not easy to find a job in Singapore if you don't have a degree, especially for non-PR's. Thus when my teacher in high school offered me to teach the not-so-brilliant student for extra lessons every Saturday, it only took me about 5 minutes to think before I said yes. The same thing happened when my senior asked me whether I want to work at the company he was working at last year. I immediately said yes, thinking that the job is much better than being a waiter.

Since my family doesn't live here, I have to rent an apartment with my nine other friends, and I have to look out for my expenditure (damn, the adult transport fare is freaking expensive). As a result, currently I'm trying to earn as much money as possible to cover the high living cost and because I want to get a lot of money.

Thus when my father's friend's son is looking for a tuition teacher, I immediately said yes.

Now, I'm taking too many jobs and I feel exhausted almost everyday. Pfft. I work from 9 to 6 everyday, and twice a week I'll give tuition from 7 - 9. When I get home it's already 10 and usually I don't really have much time to do anything before I go to sleep. Moreover, on Saturday I have to give tuition in my school from 8 to 12.30, so I can't really sleep late on Friday.

Things will be much bearable if the places are near each other. However, life likes to play tricks on us. It'll take me around one hour to get from one place to another, so sometimes it's the journey that drains my energy. Then, since I'm too busy working, I've been neglecting this blog for quite some time.

I'm earning money, but I'm losing my holiday.

And to be honest I don't really like my work because it can be stressful at times. I'm thinking of quitting, maybe after I get my exam result in March. Nevertheless, I'm still thinking about it, because actually the pay is not bad. So now the question is: money or free time?

No comments:

Post a Comment